Everything you need to know for a trip to Asia’s bustling “fragrant harbour”
One Awesome Hong Kong Video
A Haiku about Hong Kong
Lights and illumination
An urban tropic
Speak Like A Local
All Hong Kongers speak Cantonese, most speak Mandarin. English is also widely used.
Chat Like A Local
Popular messaging apps include WeChat and WhatsApp.
All About That Cash
The official currency is the Hong Kong Dollar (HKD, ~HK$8= US$1).
Best Time to Visit
October to December offers comfortable temperatures. Note that the typhoon season in Hong Kong is between May to November.
Is it safe?
One Crazy Fact
A photo posted by Christopher Hope (@melbournerollsroyce) on
Hong Kong has more Rolls Royce’s per person than any other city in the world.
A photo posted by Nial Fulton (@nialfulton) on
– Mong Kok and Causeway Bay: Known as popular shopping areas.
– Admiralty, Central, and Soho: Upscale shopping district with malls and skyscrapers.
– Sheung Wan: A popular hipster area with cafes and eclectic shops.
– Lantau Island: Known for its natural landscapes and temples.
World’s Longest Outdoor Covered Escalators
A photo posted by Life's_ups_and_downs (@a_prene) on
Not one escalator, but a series of escalators, the Central–Mid-Levels escalator and walkway system in Hong Kong is the longest outdoor covered escalator system in the world.
Getting In and Out
A photo posted by Abhishek Singhal (@aquarius24j) on
The Hong Kong International Airport is the main airport in Hong Kong.
Travelling from Hong Kong International Airport to the city:
– By train: The Airport Express takes you to the Central in 24 minutes for HK$100.
– By bus: Public city buses goes to various parts of the city, with fares ranging from HK$10 to HK$40. Check your destination and fares here.
– By coach: Head to the Commercial Services Counter in Arrival Hall B, Terminal 1 for this service.
– By taxi: A trip to the Central costs around HK$250. Check the fares for other destinations here.
A photo posted by Dean Vowles (@deantv) on
Common forms of transportation include:
– Train: The MTR an efficient form of transport. Download the MTR tourist app for guides and to plan your routes.
– Taxi: View the various types of taxis and fare charges here.
We’re your fellow adventure-seekers, foodies and trendsetters who have been bitten by the travel bug. From the first time we set foot on Thailand’s beaches and partied till dawn in Hong Kong, we decided to dedicate ourselves to searching and sharing the best travel ideas across Asia. We enjoy a good conversation and love it even more when it’s about a hole-in-the-wall food joint you stumbled upon during your last trip. So reach out and let’s chat!